Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Family Visits!

My grandma came to visit a few weeks ago and met Lilly for the first time. It was so great! We took my sister wedding dress shopping while she was here and it wasn't until afterward that I realized there were four generation of women there with Dani! How special! My grandma was here for a little over a week and we got to spend a lot of time with her and Lilly just loved her. It sometimes takes Lilly a little while to warm up to people but she did great and loved her from the start! 
So Lilly LOVES my mom. She even chooses her over me sometimes, which I must admit tugs at my heart a little. Makes me happy she loves her so much, but jealous at the same time because I am her mom!!! I feel so lucky though, because I didn't grow up with my grandparents around, and although I love them very much it is hard not seeing them but once or twice a year. Lilly will is so lucky to have grandparents so close by. My parents cannot go longer than a week or two without seeing her. Lilly is even starting to call my mom "Nana." I really don't know where it came from because we don't coach her in any way but she started saying it. She will even grab my phone and cry "Nana Nana" until I call her on the phone. I feel so lucky!
 This is Uncle Travis.  She loves him, and I just love seeing him with her. It is so stinkin' cute he tries to get her to smile and laugh and he plays so well with her. She is again a very lucky little girl. These pictures were all taken one weekend when we went down to my parents for the day. Minus Auntie Dani BOO!!
Lilly was reading books out in my parents front yard. It was a beautiful day for the winter in Seattle and we enjoyed it :) My dad just adores Lilly. It is so sweet, just melts my heart. She is so sassy with him though which makes me laugh. She will ignore him, but smile at him with her eyes it is so funny. They are going to have a great relationship and I can't wait for her to grow up close by. My parents can't wait for their sleep overs with Lilly. They already have a crib and a high chair ready for her. It is wonderful to go there and have everything. Their sleepovers will begin soon I am sure and as hard as it will be to be away from Lilly for that long, it will be great for me and Taylor!!!

No comments: